Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day Eight of The Goth Challenge

Day eight: What's your worst and best experience with non-Goths?

Well, all of my friends (but Charisse) are non-goths, my bestest (I know it's not a work) friend never even wears black and all she has is lighter colors, but she does have a morbid sense of humor. 

Best: Older ladies seem to love what I wear.  I had one elderly lady (mid seventies or early eighties) came up to me one day while with me mom shopping and said she loved my outfit, especially my pants with the zipper.  I was wearing my Tripp pants and a tank top with stars on it and a necklace and choker with my combat boots (hey, I liked it and still do).  Then she told me about how back in the day she had some black pants that she took and put on zippers, but she forgot to put and fabric under so when you opened them you saw skin.  And she would have dressed like me.  I notice it's always the elderly ladies that compliment the most.
I have had lot of people tell me how much they love my hair (dyed red with black tips) and how cute it is.  I even got complimented on my awesome tie, that I am now wearing.

Worst: The worst I have gotten is stares and glares.  People usually ignore me or that I'm not there, and I don't think they're trying to, they just do.  I do remember that on the same day when that nice elderly lady came up to me (from above mentioned), while I was walking toward the back of the store, a chick with her little boy saw me as she was walking towards me and glared for a moment and she led her little boy off to the other side of her almost pushing him against the wall like I was going to try and hurt him or something.  But nothing worse than that. 

So those are my worst and best experiences with non-goths.  Over all they seem to be out numbered, with the best out weighing the worst.

 Also, here is that tie I was talking about and my outfit for the day.  I have never yet done an outfit post, and on the poll I resently did in second place was outfit posts.  I guess there's no harm in trying it out to see how it goes.




Awesome red stripped tie: a gift from mom at dad at Christmas
Collared button up shirt: around $10 from JCPenny
Skirt: Don't remember how much, from JCP
Fingerless glove: I think $6:50 from Claire's
Black and grey stripped sock with skulls: $1 from the Dollar store.
Converse: $29.99 on sale from Journeys

Listening to: Skeletal Family - Lies  (love them!)
Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha good article. I don't have "human" friends, only my cousins. My best friend is my pet called "Feio". I love him!