Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacation: Pic Spam

This weekend me and my family went up to Bozeman to take a vacation (Saturday) and Sunday to the two ghost towns Nevada City and Virginia City Sunday.  My uncle and dad went golfing so the rest of us went to town to find something to do.  Now I will not bored you with all the ninety-two pictures taken and with every little things that we saw, this is not my journal and even then...  And 25 followers!  Wow, i never expected that, usually when people see the word or hear the word Christian they turn and run the other way, at least something like that.

We went to the Museum of the Rockies, then to the Pioneer Museum which used to be the old jail house, and next went on a historical walk downtown at all the really old houses built from the early twentieth century back to the 1700s.  I wanted to go on the historical graveyard walk but I was out numbered and we were all so hot and worn out by the end of the other walk that I didn't even want to go. 

Enter in you dare!  It's the attack of the pictures!  BOO!  Gotta, haha!   Anyways.....

Here are the few pictures I thought worthy of showing you from the Pioneer Museum. 

One on the earlier cameras.  (All pictures taken by me or my sister)





Pictured below are small eggette carvings.





And now the arey of old beautiful houses.



Built in 1888 (house 25 out of 29)
I won't bore you with every house, some weren't too impressive.


Rumored to have been a wedding gift from William W. Alderson built for his fiance, said to be designed closely to a doll house she played with when a girl.





Built in 1907.  It combines Queen Anne and Colonial Revival elements.

Built in 1886 by John Mendenhall.  Later Malcolm Story bought the house.  It is rumored that he had it painted pink after his wife passed away.



I have always enjoyed looking at old houses more so in the Victorian and the like architecture so I took lots of pictures of the houses.  I wonder what they look like inside...  Anyways, that was fourteen pictures so far.  And yes, there is way more, but I don't feel like putting more pictures up so I'll just show you at least a few more, not that you care a ton but just because.  The ghost town was interesting from when I last went though...

Three pictures are from Nevada City (there's like six more).



Sister took this one.  It's a Chinese Goods store.


These two are from Virginia City.
A random dog played dead in the middle of the road.  My sister took this one.
The dog says, "Hey, hey guys, look at me.  I'm dead!"



Listening to: Deas Vail - Cages

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness






2 comments:

Cameron Robinson said...

Cool pictures.
Looks like a fun vacation!

Tenebris In Lux said...

Cool!

Hah, that dog looks a lot like one of my dogs xP