Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Goth Challenge Day 10!

First off I'd like to say welcome to my three new followers and fellow winged creatures of de night!  If not a winged creature of de night, a big welcome to you too!  :D

 Day ten: What do you hate and love about the subculture?
 Good question.  Might as well get the bad out of the way first!

Hate: How you get judged for being emo just because your growing out for bangs that love to fall in your face, wear black skinny jeans, Converse, and a black shirt!  Everyone always comments on how my bangs make me look emo.  I can't help that they won't stay out of my face!  *Takes a deep breath* I'm better now.
  Being judged poorly and stared or glared at like they've never seen anything so shocking.  But it helps when I think of it as they're looking on in aw as I am dressed so awesome.  Which sometimes might be the case.
  And as Tenebris in Lux pointed out as her dislike, is the makeup.  I knew this was bound to come out sooner or later.  I really don't like makeup as far as me wearing it.  And when I first started out in the scene I felt like I had to wear it, even guys wore it.  I know this person didn't know anything about the subculture, but I was told that I'm not goth, I don't wear the dark makeup.  Yet emo seems reasonable even though they wear lots of it too(?)
  Also that just because I don't have any piercings but my ears, my hair not colored (just recently colored), and no tattoos that I am not so much pushing towards being goth.  (I know these aren't true but still.)
  The expense of so many goth things from clothes to boots to accessories.  I just can't afford a lot of it, or really much of it at all. 
  And why does everything have to be so far away from where I live.  Most of it seems to be in Germany.

Love: The way one can express ones self in so many different and unique ways and being able to show ones true self.  Love it!  And not all but a lot of the music is beautiful and different as well, in a good way too.  The whole aesthetic is just wonderful.  The acceptance, it does feel great when you are accepted for being your dark self and not feel so odd or weird about it; having others to relate too and with.  Also the fact that being a subculture it means that you most likely can connect with others elsewhere, such as across the country or in another continent.  Like Australia or the U.K., etc.  And the darkness of it and the spooky.

I'd say the good does out weigh the bad, after all, if it didn't, why would I even be here now writing this?

And on your way out have a look see at my List of Blogs... down on the right side of the page and check out these great blogs if you haven't already.  :) 

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello there! ^^ I found you trought the other blogs you follow & I follow to, so :D

DarkAngelCase said...

Why hello!