Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day Seven of The Goth Challenge

Day seven: Ten of your favorite Goth bands.

That's a bit of a toughy as I love more than just ten and there are still so many other bands out there I haven't checked out yet.  Last year I didn't even have ten favorite goth bands.

The Birthday Massacre, what a surprise!  I cannot say in words how much I love these guys!  Like I said before Kill the Lights is my favorite song, but so many others are too (this being at the top).  Their music is dreamy and inspirational, I have never known anything like them ever in my whole life.  This is why they are first. <3

Bauhaus, another surprise.  These guys were truly the first goth band I fell in love with.  I just love this song with the piano and the parts were he sings and then speaks.  Very unique.

Again, it was hard to find a song to post because I love all their songs.  This was the only music video and I really love this song with the music and how it has references to Edgar Allan Poe's work (I love Poe).  Their like a little taste of Halloween that puts a smile on my face.


Need I say anything more?  Who doesn't love these guys?  


Aw yes, Depeche Mode.  My mom told me she used to like some of their songs that played on the radio but mostly the different kids listened to them.

I remember when I heard this song I just had to keep listening to it over and over.  The music is sweet yet dark to my ears and I love Noemi Aurora's voice.

At first I wasn't sure if I like them, it seemed as though mostly everyone else did.  But after a while they grew on me and they are one of my favorites now.  This song was the first song that caught my attention.

My mom and dad caught me Siouxie and the Banshees's CD Juju Christmas last year.  Great music, great voice, and a catchy song this one is. :)  I do enjoy the early goth bands.

I instantly liked this song and Ashbury Heights's music.  There is nothing more for me to say.


Bella Morte's song Torn is a great song and I love the opening part of it, it's beautiful. 

Each song was a favorite that I picked to go right along with my favorite band.  Like I said, it was a little hard to pick which ten, but there you have it.  There are so many more you just have to look around and see what you like.  That's what I did when I first started getting into the music.  Not every band appealed to me but I found some I liked and am still doing that to this day because I love finding new bands to fall in love with.

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

P.S.  And Celeste at FadeToBlack, if you are reading this, I noticed that I couldn't comment on your posts.  It might be just something going on with blogspot at the moment, but I'm not sure and I thought you might like to know.

2 comments:

Nina @ Death, Books, and Tea said...

TBM, Cruxshadows and Creature Feature=height of epicness.
Thanks for introducing me to some new bands too!
Enjoy life!

DarkAngelCase said...

Aw yes.
And your very welcome. :D