Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Creation with Beads

When I was younger (like eight) my friends and I would make bracelets and necklaces (always way too big) wtih plastic beads and string.  But then as I got older I really didn't care for such things like that.  my grandma bought me a kit with beads (of brighter colors of course), and string when I was twelve.  The box was pink and most of the beads were sparkly and of bright colors, which I really didn't like (and still don't).  Let me tell you, from the ages of eight to thirteen (and maybe a little over) pink was the worst color ever to me, I hated it because to me it was too... too girly for me (even though it's not that way at all on a guy, but that's because he's a guys right?).  And I'm sure you know the rest with the sparkly bright beads... never my thing, it's just too girly (no matter how that sounds).  So I gave it away eventually.  And beads were not my thing.

Till now.

I had bean dying for some new jewelry because I was getting a little tired of mine.  My dear friend of mine made me a wonderful bracelet (shown on a post of DIY & Creation), and I love it!  Another dear friend of mine has made her own chokers, with beads, and I just love them.  So then the idea popped up that why should I make my own?  Make my own necklaces and chokers, etc.  I saw Micheals had a sale on beads, and there was a coupon for 40% off any regular priced item; and I just had to go.

The beads I bought.
(This one and all other pictures on this post are my own)

I love pruple and black together for whatever reason, it just makes me smile.  I actually made it while I was at my best friend's who gave me the bracelet, and since there wasn't enough clear beads to go around on either side of the black ones she let me use some metal ones.  The beads were on sale for 2 for $6.  I used the coupon for the pendant.


I love the look of celtic crosses, they're beautiful and oddly remind me of graveyards.


I must say I am very happy with it, and it was really easy and fun, and only cost me just over $8!  I can't wait to make more, I love making things and always will.




It's been a little over a week, and I can't promise a post next week if I'm going to be gone.  But I hope you enjoyed this post.  Excuse me for being so rambly (yes rambly) on the first part, I do that sometimes, but who doesn't. 

Listening to: random music in my head and I don't know where it came from...?

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness



4 comments:

Julietslace said...

Your necklace is lovely :) I've never had the patience to make my own jewellery.

Orillia & Pandora said...

I really like the necklace, and the beads you chose.
I've wanted a choker that suits my style, I guess it's not a bad idea to make one. Heading off to micheals in search of beads :D

Cameron Robinson said...

That cross is excellent!

DarkAngelCase said...

@Julietslace: It does take some patience. :)

And thanks everyone!