Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Goth Challenge Day 11!

At the fair today I over heard a little girl in back of me, as I was waiting to go on the ferris wheel with my sister, say to her older sister, "I like what that girl is wearing, her hair, her shoes, her shirt, all of it."  That made me feel much better!  Little kids can either be monsters or very kind.  I used to be one after all...

So, Day 11: Is Goth a lifestyle for you?

I would say yes? 

Lifestyle: An individuals way of living.  Manner of living: the way of life characteristic of a particular person, group, or culture.  Says the dictionary.

    So, I may not dress goth everyday, I do have my days of feeling sick or have run out of black clothes to wear till their washed, and lots of days when I'm not going out and I am dressed very much casual goth.  Or in the case of camping sometimes.  But I cannot see myself with out my dark, Gothic style of dress which is a big part of my life.   Even though I goth music isn't the mass majority of my music collection (that grows a lot!) the music is still a big part of my life.  And I seem to, by subconsciously or purposely, try or not try to incorporate many goth/spooky things into lots of areas of my life and likes.  Like my bedroom, the doodles on my notebooks (bats, skulls, and bleeding hearts usually), even on my days of no black to I try to make if spooky, the books I like to read, the movies I enjoy watching, the art work that catches my eye.  With or without knowing about the subculture all those most likely would be there, it's just who I was when younger and still am.

There are still lots of other things that I enjoy, love, and am that are not goth, or even dark for that matter.  But they too I cannot imagine not being with me, because they're who I am.  I don't just enjoy the darkside of life, but trust me, nothing bubbly or shallow or anything of that nature.

With all that said, yes, I think that goth has because a part of my way of life, so it has become a bit of a lifestyle for me.

I'm sorry this came to you so late, but after the fair and being in the sun for HOURS I am still worn out and extremely tired and want to lay down and sleep for a very long time.  Not too mention that I had been dreading this day and when it came I looked up and saw nothing to be upset about but sadly I was ever so slightly wrong...  There's always a better tomorrow, and tomorrow will be a great day.  Or if it's not I'll make it one!  But I did get a funnel cake! Chocolate Eclair! 

Listeing to: Matthew West - Stronge Enough
It fits so well with what is going on with me in these hard trying times in life...

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness
   

No comments: