Friday, May 27, 2011

A Word About Open-Mindedness

So many people dislike Christianity because they feel that Chirstians are all narrow-minded, and judgemental.  I have come across on the internet a while back trying to find Christian goth bands, on yahoo answers found a comment saying no there's not because Christians are so narrow-minded.  I didn't like that, at all.  How true that might be for some, especially those who call themselves Christian only because they were raised in a Christian home and/or go to church every weekend.  But for a lot of us (real Christians) that isn't true. 

I can see why non-Christians (not all) would think that.  They simply just don't get it and they just don't understand the Bible or why us strange freaks follow a God that could never exist and that the Bible is the "living" Word.  Yeah right.  But yeah, that's why a lot of the time.

Then there's that issue of gay.  In society it is accepted and if your Christian your oh so close minded for thinking it still wrong.  News flash for you here (you as in society), but your the close minded ones.  My personal belief in this (agree or not that's all your own choise) but to me gay is a sin.  Your not born that way, it's scientifically proven.  One is born with genetic tendancies, but it's up to that person to not or to be gay.  It's not the person that is bad, it's entirly the sin.  Love the sinner hate the sin.  We all sin.

There is a very fine line that separates right from wrong and we all cross it all the time, and it's only after we do that we realize we crossed it.  The line that separates sin from that which is good.  A Christ-follower (which is a Christian) is much more aware (I would hope most are but then again...) of this line and try very hard not to cross it as much as possible.  Like myself.  But society pushed it up and is saying that these things that weren't okay are now okay. 

Is it truly close mindedness to stray away from that which is wrong and is it truly open mindedness to say that what we say goes and everything else is stupid and old fashioned? 

I feel as if I have been thrown out of socirty because of being Christian and then because of being goth too.  I am not when it comes to being with my fellow Christians, like at my youth group, who doesn't seem to care what I'm wearing but take me in because I'm Christian.  Not every church is like this saddly, but I aspire to change that, and maybe even the way the world views us, as nothing more than mud on their windshield.  There's right and wrong, then there's open mindedness and close mindedness.  They are not the same!

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

3 comments:

Desertwinds-studio said...

I found you at last! I had to look at soooo many emails to find the one that had the link in it. And guess what? I finally put my first post on here several months after I signed up!

Desertwinds-studio said...

Your blog is awesome by the way, you do a really good job expressing your thoughts in an interesting way unlike me. (I think I'm boring, maybe it's an inferiority complex...)

DarkAngelCase said...

Well, glad you found me! I'll have to come over and check out you blog. :D I'm sure it's not as boring as you might think.