Thursday, January 20, 2011

What Are You Waiting For? The End of the World?

You've been trying to get me open
Caught out in the open
Everyone is hoping you'd give
Anything to take this
Everything that breaks this
Everyone is faceless
Give me
Something to believe in
Quick or else I'm leaving
Need a better reason
I know
Things get complicated
So miseducated
It's a wonder that we made it

Situation
Under speculation
What are we facing
Too much complications
Looking for a name
In a new generation
A new focus new destination

I don't wanna look
I just wanna find
Can you give me something to believe in
Keep your religion, don't need your lies
I'm just looking for one good reason
Feel like it's teenage hunting season
But nothing out there sounds half decent
Who's out there? Who's gonna save us?
Before we all fall through the cracks in the pavement 

You' ve been trying to get me open
Caught out in the open
Everyone is hoping
Give me
Something to believe in
Quick or else I'm leaving
Need a better reason
I know

I'm never going to fall in line
So don't even bother wasting your time
I'm a bread of a different kind
Sent back just to invade your mind

[Last part of song]
And if you don't know what I'm talking about
It's probably better cause I'm working it out
Don't want to spent my lifetime figurin out
That I could've just said one prayer

And if you know what I'm talking about
Then together where both working it out
Don't wanna spent my lifetime figurin out
I missed the point now it's over. . .
I missed the point now it's over. . .

Song by FM Static called Something To Believe In from their album What Are You Waiting For?

I first remember hearing that song whe I was just turned twelve back in 2007, on Air1 (Christian alternative radio station).  I loved that song and still do.  It's almost like my life song you could say.  I feel great listening to it, like I can do anything.  Music is personal to me, and something deep, I love listening to music.

You know, I am a bread of a different kind! 

Last night at Rift (the youth group I go to) was a question in small group.  How do you want people to perseve you?  I thought about it and this song came to me and my answer along with, from the heart!  I said the pure truth: I want people to see I am different, do not fit in a box!  Jesus doesn't fit into a box and never has, ever!  He didn't even come into the world like the Jews thought He would and He was the most different person ever, and He didn't sin!  He even talked to gentiles who the Jews thought unclean, and He was unpredictable.  He just doesn't fit into a box. 
I don't want to fit in a box.  I want to be all over outside it! 

Different.  Well, there's nothing wrong with it at all.  After all God made all of us individually, no one like another, none the same.  So why is it that we feel we must all try to be as similar as possible?  They say fashion is all about individuality, right?  What's wrong with being different then?  And I don't just mean on the outside but on the inside.  So different that you fit into no one catagory but many many, and even ones that don't exist.  The answer is there is nothing wrong with it, at all. 

In fact when I was trying to "fit in" I was losing myself and flet more invisible than before, just on of the crowd.  Normal. (cringe)  But being myself feels great.  And by being myself I find that I get closer to God because He is where my true identity is, the one who made me, well me. 

So that's my goal, to be different, not fit into any boxes.  Who wants to fit into a box?!!!?


Depression, I hate that word!  Happy, joyful, peaceful, yeah I like those words!

Would you rather have a best friend whose a ghost or skeleton?
(I pick skeleton!)

Listening to: FM Static - Something To Believe In, and now FM Static - Definintely Maybe

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

No comments: