Friday, June 1, 2012

My 100th Post and DIY Projects for April & May

I'm terribly lazy at times and it happened to be one of those times all this week and last week, and I wanted to post this yesterday, on the last day on May...but here we are, in June.  So happy first day of June!

Anyways, this is some of the DIY projects that I have done over the last couple of months that I wanted to share with you all.  I had fun doing these too.  Also to mention that so far I have done 100 posts, this being post 100.


I didn't do any before or after pictures, just the after part...

This was just a plain black bag that I used for school books and such.


This green shirt below with the safety pins  I did in May with my fabric paint.  For both the bag and the shirt I used the fabric paint, except I used only silver on the shirt and not white.  This tip on the bottle makes it quite easy to "draw" on the material if you're doing something like writing or doing say, safety pins.






 The vest above originally had poofy sleeves that while, I did like them, they just didn't fee like something that I would actually wear so I cut them off which is the result of what you see and I quite like it this was.  :)



You would not believe how hard it was to find black gloves.  And then when I did find them (a whole rake) I kept forgetting to buy a pair...  But I finally did and cut the tops of and I love them!




 These were my plain black skinny jeans that I love so much, mostly because they actually fit me like skinnies.  I can't believe how hard it can be to find skinnies that actually fit my legs and aren't like straight jeans instead.  This is the only pair I have found and honestly I was a little scared to do anything to them but they were getting this and faded and summer was coming.  So I took the scissors to them and some safety pins.

So I was at Hot Topic about a month ago *gasp* and while looking through the store I saw black skinny jeans with rips and safety pins, the idea I had for mind, and they were like $50 I think.  It only cost me like half that to do mind.  $2 for a pack of safety pins, $20 for the jeans, and who doesn't have scissors.  Why buy a pair like that if you can make them?


Okay so the last two here are not DIY projects, but they are some great finds that I bought while shopping with my two best friends a few days after my birthday.  I found this cardigan for $10 at a second hand shop called Runway Fashion Exchange.  


And, yes, from Hot Topic I got this bow for only $2.95 (I believe) on clearance and it was exactly what I was looking for, for my hair.

 This is it for my 100th post on my only blog.  I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
DarkAngelCase

No comments: