Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Eating Healthy and Not Eating Meat

If you want to know a lot more about eating a proper God made diet (so I call it...) than maybe you should watch the documentary Forks Over Knives.

Now of course I knew that eating too much meat was not good for you and that you shouldn't have dairy products, and I knew some of how industries that produce our meat and dairy mistreat and basically abuse the animals, but there was some that I didn't know that much about that I do know. 

See, I have never been against being a Vegan, there's nothing wrong with that at all and you are probably much healthier eating the proper fruits and vegetables and whole foods you were made to eat.  now a little meat here and there is not bad for you, but eating it the way us Americans do, as the main meal, now that is not good for you, and neither is consuming so much dairy products like we do.  Eating processed foods is what you want to eat if you want to get fat or be unhealthy...it's crap.  Not too mention that if you happen to eat a little bit of meat every once in a while it would be better to have it from an animal that has been treated properly and has been feed the food that it was meant to eat.  Cows should eat corn and grain, they should be eating grass...yet when you buy beef at the store it is from poorly feed cows which in turn means you are eating meat that while not be good for you because the animal was feed wrong. 

I don't usually think of it that way all the time when it comes to eating because I'm hungry and I eat, but anymore I just don't think that I can stand to eat it when I know all that I know about what I am eating. 

When God made creation and made us, we were not to eat any meat, even after the Fall we could not eat meat, until after the flood.  He knew what He was doing when he made us, He knows what is good for us and what is not, but of course we never listen.  If you go and read the Bible, were there are instructions to the Jews and how they needed to live in order to be clean (which would be the boring and longer books at the beginning of the Bible, of course) He listed the foods they were to eat and not eat, and you were not to eat Pork...and I can't imagine why (yeah, sarcasm here).

In the documentary stated at the beginning, there was several years of research done that showed consistently that when 20% of meat was being consumed the rate for cancer went up, but then it was only 5% the rate when down and reversed.  And actually that makes a lot of sense.  Back in the olden days, lets say over a hundred years ago when meat was not eaten as it is now, cancer was not that big of an issue, unlike now when we eat more meat than ever and cancer is the highest it's ever been. 

Not to mention, why do we drink milk that is from another animal and is made ONLY for that animal and NOT for us?  It doesn't make any sense when you think about it.  And it makes me sick to think that they wait till the cow is old enough to mate and they then keep them pregnant for four to five years and they never see the light of day again and never get to go out side again.

So, I don't think I will stop having meat all together, but if I eat it, it must come from a farm that treats it's animals properly and feeds them right, and it will only be every so often.  Also, fish it good for you to some point, such as fish oil.  I'm sensitive to dairy so that really won't be that hard to stop having, I'm sure I'll feel so much better in the end.  And a diet of whole foods and freshly grown foods is so much healthier and better for you, so why not eat good.

Sincerely,
DarkAngelCase

1 comment:

Cameron Robinson said...

Organic and local are always good. I'm with you. We should take better care of our bodies and animals..