Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Summer's Reading List

For this summer I have come up with a to do list that is all books that I want to read or would like to.  I like to spend my summer's reading when I have nothing else to do because it keeps me entertained and I love to read a good book, but also because I have lots of free time on my hands (or at least that's how things used to be...).  I know I won't be able to get ALL of them read in two or three months of summer break but I sure am going to try!

I'm a slow reader, I'm not one of you people who can read a 700-800 page book in a day or two, that would take me at least a couple of weeks or more.  That is one of the reasons why I might not be able to get them all read, but I am sure going to try.

My Summer Reading List: 
(These are not necessarily in the order I am going to read them.)

  •  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice
  • The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll 
  • The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
  • 1984 by George Orwell 
  • The Harry Potter series (books 3-7) by J. K. Rowling
  • Sense & Sensibility and Emma by Jane Austin
  • Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes  by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • The Blue Girl by Charles DeLint
  • Sweetblood by Pete Hautman 
  • The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
  • Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson 
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker
  • The Shack by Wm. Paul Young


Sincerely,
DarkAngelCase

P.S. If there are any suggestions you would like to share just let me know; even though I probably won't get them all read.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest Winter by Keven Newsome. It's book one in a series, I think the next book is coming out in October.

Cameron Robinson said...

Quite a list. I've been wanting to read the Sherlock Holmes as well