Friday, May 18, 2012

Not Goth Enough

At the moment I am listening to Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, and one of the best songs I've heard.  I forgot about this song until last night we (my mom and siblings) were watching some of the 100 greatest songs of the 90's.  Listening to a lot of those songs that I know so well because I am a 90's baby and I grew up with these songs on the radio.

In fact, as of late, I really haven't been listening to a lot of any Gothy bands and songs, that I still do love, because I just don't have the "crave" to listen to them, I don't really want to.  I've been listening to a lot more of good old rock from The Beatles, and listening to the music I always do (like on the Christian rock radio stations, Christian rock, etc, and some mainstream), I've even had a thing for, yes, What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction (the so called next British invasion).  And then there are the songs like the Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, and a lot more that I really haven't listened to in quite some time.  Now this isn't to say that none of the bands I am still listening to aren't dark, Red does have a dark side, and I love me some heavy rock.  But can you really part with songs you listened to for so long?  Like for me it's the songs from the 90's and the first six years of the 2000's, and I enjoy listening to them.

My style of dress is much the same, but instead of looking to tone up my wardrobe, I'm just staying where I am.  My favorite outfit is dressing in some black skinny jeans, Converse,and good old black shirt, with my accessories, sometimes no accessories.  Nothing wrong with that but let's just say, most people who are in fact so not goth, they don't see me as such, not really.  My hair is a natural brown, and I have not piercings but on my ears.  I'm more alternative looking than goth.  I've been called emo more than goth even.  My I like it simple and even casual, with a little something here and there.  I always admire all the beautiful outfits I see here on blogger from some lovely gothy bloggers and such, so whilst I love goth fashion, punk fashion, and so on, I'm still not going to dress it up like that.

Is there anything wrong with any of that?  That I'm not "Goth enough".  No of course not, that would be silly, I'm just being myself.  

I looked at the poll I put up and noticed that most of you have put that Goth, etc, is a part of who you are.  And like I said, that is a part of my as well.  So no matter how I am dressing or what music I am listening to most, there is some of it in me.  Just like the what it says under the title of this blog...a Christian misfit with a dark side and a hint of goth. 


Listening to: Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

Sincerely,
DarkAngelCase


1 comment:

Arc said...

It's almost funny how much this relates to me XD