Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ups and Downs to Dressing Goth/In Black

Just a post I wanted to do for fun... :)



Thee Ups...
  • Having fun expressing your dark sense of style if whatever way you like.
  • Being different and wanting to dress different is a good thing in that you are more likely to be independent and more able to weed out the "fake friends" and find good ones who like you for you.
  • You are more likely to accept others who are different and have their own unique style.
  • You learn to not care what others think or don't in the first place.  People pleasing is a bad thing all the way around.

Thee Downs...
  • All of your clothes, or most of them, are in the blacks pile, so you have to wait till the blacks finally get washed and mostly likely fold them yourself since they are mostly all yours...
  • People are not always so accepting of someone who is different than them so it might be harder to make friends.
  • If you live in a smaller town or in if you are in the U.S. and live in Montana, Wyoming, or North and South Dakota, it may be a little more difficult to walk down the street or super store and not have more than one person stare at you as if you were something from another world.  Especially them peoples with their cowboy hats and boots who came to town for the rodeo or do some shoppin'.


Yes, I have gotten stared at by a group of ranchers before who can to town for the rodeo in their cowboy boot and their hats because the have probably never seen much of someone in a spiked choker, trench cost, in all black, combat boots, and teased pigtails.  But I cut my hair off so no more of that.

Here's a picture:
 

Sincerely,
DarkAngelCase

Listening to:  Ilia - We Were Shipwrecks

4 comments:

Outcast146 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Outcast146 said...

I love the hair. I has been some time since I have had a chance to look at any blogs. :) I really enjoyed reading this post :) I hope you are doing well! Keep up the good work.

Snowhyte said...

I like how you express yourself, and we have had much the same situation in life in several respects, Christian, homeschooled, etc. I nominated you for this award:

http://myspotinthespectrum.blogspot.com/2012/03/dark-sunshine-award.html

:)

Jemcycle said...

^^^ what she said but she beat me to saying it! :P