Monday, May 30, 2011

The Beauty of Inspiration and Imagination

Inspiration is truly something beautiful in my eyes, and I am not alone here I know.  It is everywhere, everything we see and experience, even something invisible.  Dark or light, sad or happy, life or death.  In the books you read, the people you meet, the places you see.  What I wirte about is mostly this: bits a pieces of my life (the people, places, etc.) and them the rest if left to the beauty of imagination, which can also be a dangerous thing.  That is what I use to draw.  First take what you see then use what you know then add some of your own creativeness. 


My inspiration comes from more than what I know and see with my naked eye, more than smell, touch, taste, and smell.  It begins with a single spark from something I have seen or hear, then comes my imagination, all the way to the deepest most pure and sensitive part of the mind.  That is in fact where I like to spend a lot of my time, whether I mean to or not, I find myself wondering there often and listening to muisc doesn't help.  The reason I like Owl City (yes, I like Owl City, and what are you going to do about it?) is that it's full of imagination and inspiration.  In fact right now I am listening to Galaxies.  I like music like this, that brings out creativity, the imagination, and doesn't help the daydreamer, if you get what I mean.  The Birthday Massacre is also one to bring up. 


When you listen to the mainstream radio stations all I hear is music about some guy singing about some girl, sex, what a girl/guy looks like and how you want them, etc.  It's all just so boring and meaningless to my ears, and to me has no true inspiration in it.  But that's me.  I don't want to hear about that stuff.  A love song here and there is fine if it's a good one, or something like Eloise by The Damned I am fine with me (specially since I love that song).  Music is a great inspiration, if it's the right song and your in the right mood.

I remember when I was younger the swing at the park, or anywhere really, was my favorite, and I would swing for over an hour at least if I could.  I would stare into the sky and fly away.  When trying to fall asleep is also when my mind just loves to fly away with me, night is also when I love to write, and with that right song in the dim light of my desk lamp, that's what I call perfect. 

Speaking of inspirational songs, one of my favorites (besides the one I'm listening to now) is Who Killed Mr. Moonlight by Bauhaus.  What ever did happen to innocence?


Listening to: Galaxies by Owl City

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

3 comments:

Cameron Robinson said...

Did you really draw those? They're so beautiful!

A lot of times I'll write to music as well. I enjoy reading what you think. Keep it up!

DarkAngelCase said...

I didn't draw those, I find my pictures on the internet (mostly Google).

And thanks!

Outcast146 said...

i love music too. It really inspires me to write and draw. :) I think God can really use music too. :)

And btw I love that song from Owl city! I call it my song :) Well one of my songs ;P