Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Dark Road I Walk

Okay I'm back!  And I would just like to write something that is not a short story, since I suck at those, but a little something else. . .

The Dark Road I Walk
(I am not too great with titles so I made it up just now)

There is darkness all around and I can't see two feet in front of me.  On either side there is a thick forest of trees whose black branches creep across the sky like claws and in the shadows are their eyes watching me, my every move. 
   The night sky is violet above with stars shining like diamonds and there's a moon, big and silver but glowing a crimson red.  The air is cool and crisp, a wind blows through the branches but I cannot feel a thing.
   The road, it's uneven and twists and turns so that I am not able to know where I am going.  At every move I make I must watch my step so that their claws cannot catch me and pull me under, for they watch so intensely that I cannot closely escape them.  It's so long and tiresome and my feet are weary but I must not give up!  For far off in the distance is a dull faint like that is ever growing closer the further along I tread.  Alone.  It's very dark and alone, this road that is so far off from my home.  And yet there is a peace to this place that I cannot describe.  Darkness may surround me but never take me for I am not with out a light.  In this present darkness I hold a candle that shines forever bright, just enough to light my way that I may see a few feet in front of me. 
  Up in the night sky a creature with wings like bats and a head like a crow with eyes that glow deep red flies just above my head.  When it opened its beak a sound came out that sounded of a woman screaming.  After it passed more just like it flew by high in the sky making shape across the moon.  But then I thought I saw and angel!  Or maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.
  But I keep on moving and looking straight ahead not knowing what is to come, but this is the road that I walk till I find the light at the end. 

I wrote this awhile back and came across it the other day.  I was not depressed while writing this but in a very good mood and I can't remember what song I was listening to.  But I hope you liked it at least somewhat.  

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

1 comment:

ETERNITY KIDZ said...

Music's such an excellent inspiration. Nice piece of writing. Shows heart.
Cheers!