Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 28 & 29

Day 28: Do you consider yourself an elder goth?

Well, no I don't.  I actually don't have all that much to say on the matter.  But to me, an elder goth is at least a generation ahead of me.


Day 29:  What do you think will happen to Goth in the future?

I think that goth will either become more known in society or drift away, leaning more towards the first though.  And if it does I can't say that it's a good thing or a bad thing.  But I don't think there's much to worry about the mainstream taking more of the goth style and making it well, mainstream.  The fashion changes so much who knows.

We Heart It


It does seem to me though that in the future cyber goth may be on the front of the stage as it pears so be becoming quite popular, in a sense.   I have nothing against cyber goth, it's a great look.  But so are many others.  I think there needs to be not too much of any one fashion. 

And I noticed that the good old 80's goth music that started back in the start of the subculture is not so common anymore.  I do have a bit of a problem with that, because I like the music.  Now I like more up-beat music too, but if it all starts to sound so alike then that's what I don't like.  I don't know if that will happen but you never know. 

I just hope  that whatever will come in the future that no one fashion or music will take over, and that there will still be a wide rang of all of it. 

And that's my honest opinion.

Listening to: The Birthday Massacre - Sideways (or rather their CD Pins and Needles)

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

No comments: