Friday, September 9, 2011

Arm Warmer DIY Project

A while ago my sister gave me some old legging of her's to use.  There was still come material left, so I thought I should put it to use.  So I did!  I took the longest strip and folded it in half to they would make two even squares.  I cut it off and then cut in the middle of the fabric and made sure that each one was the same size.




I took a make shift arm warmer that I made with safety pins and laid it on top of the fabric in the picture above and began to sew up the side, following along.  Then once I got to where the opening for the thumb was in the other, I cut a whole, and then skipped up and sewed the top part.


After I sewed then up I went online and looked for picture of the skeletal structure of a hand.

Google Images

I put my arm warmers on and took a white crayon and while looking that that picture I felt where my bones were and colored with the white crayon and outline of where I felt my bones on my hand compared to the picture. 

After that I took out my fabric paint (white) and painted the picture following alone the line of the crayon some what.  The crayon was more for around where I should paint.  Then once that was done I just went over the painted over it again to make is whiter.

This was the result...

 
I think it turned out rather nicely.  All handmade and everything.  But, sadly the right said came out bigger and more too scale with my hand.

I got my hair redyed by the way!  It turned out like a cherry red with a hot pink or purple tinge to it instead of just red.  But I love it all the same. 
Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

1 comment:

Jemcycle said...

Very lovely. :) My attempt before at DIY armwarmes consisted of a pair of tube socks and sissors; needless to say yours turned out far awesomer than my attempt. :P
Oooo re-dyed hair! Pictures? :D