Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Art of DIY and Creation

Ever had those days when you go scissor happy or are sitting around listening to music and begin creating in the form of a drawing, painting, or DIY?  The creative mode comes out and it feels like a weight is lifted after completeing whatever it was.  I have had this many a time.  Sometimes I hold it back because I'm not sure it will turn out the way I want, and then it never gets done, but there are also those few times where holding it back was the best thing I could have done because it turns out better than I planned.

A while back I had gone to Michaels (Art & Craft store) to buy some fabric paint and a brush for painting on shirts and what ever else I wanted.  I had this plain black shirt that I wanted to do something with and thought of painting on it, but I held it off not sure of what and if it would even turn out good at all and my shirt would be ruined.  So the paints just sat there waiting for the day when I would pick them off the shelf and use them...

And well, on Friday the 6th of May their wish and wanting finally came true because it was then that I finally knew what I wanted to do, and after some practice on an old shirt the finished shirt was born...



And it only took about an hour or so to do.
I had to draw down the desgin I wanted on paper first a couple of times to make sure I had something to work with, then lightly paint the desgin on the back of an old and too small shirt to see how it would come out, and well it came out good.  Then I lightly painted my desgin on the plain black shirt and then when that was done I put on more so you could see it and in the picture above it what came out.  I call it the coffin-cross (if you can imagine why).  I am very happy with it and in fact am wearing it now.  This was one of my most resent creations so far.  I will show my older ones done at least a year or less ago shortly along with any new ones when they come along. 

Hope you enjoyed! 


Even though this next creation is not mine I think it is worth showing.  My dear best friend Cassandra made this for me for my birthday... She knows me too well.



                                                                       I absolutly love it! 



Listening to: The Birthday Massacre - Walking With Strangers

Sincerely,
Angel Of Darkness


2 comments:

Tenebris In Lux said...

Nice T-Shirt! I really love to do that sort of thing when I'm listening to Nirvana. Why not? :-P

That is indeed a very pretty chain. I had a small silver skull pendant that a friend gave me a couple years back .. and the chain broke .. so the skull part is still waiting for a new life ^_^

I think I'll make a design on a sleeveless shirt soon. It'll be about The Mighty Boosh, a BBC comedy that I adore.

Orillia & Pandora said...

Wow you're very artistic, I love the t-shirt design. I'm hoping to do similar projects like this during my spare time in the summer, thanks for the inspiration :)