Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Modern Fairies, Dwarves, Goblins & Other Nasties . . .

This took a while to put up because I was so busy and side tracked, but here it is.  April and next month are busy months for me, but summer, not so much.  Trying ot make ones self focus is like training a cat to do dog trick (fetch, roll over, etc.), it's possible, but takes effort and it's hard.


As told to Lesley M. M. Blume is the book Modern Farieis, Dwarves, Goblins & Other Nasties,  A Practical Guide by Miss Edythe McFate.  And anyone who likes fairies or finds them interesting might actually like it (like my friend Sarah) and I'm sure many other's do and in the Goth scene too.  I'd say it's more for like ages 12 and up, I found it in the new section of my library in the teen area. 
Warning: This book is fiction and to those who believe in fairies I have just ruined it for you. 

Sorry about how fuzzy the pic is.


Well, I did enjoy this book for a light read.  It talks about, well, what the title implies and gives you an insight on such things and these: fairies, dwarves, goblins and other kinds of nasties.  In no was does she (the author) shed a that sweet innocent light on them as Tinker Bell is shown.  There are not sweet and innocent at all, but devilish, prideful little things, but as for the fairies no sign of it by looks. 

It has three stories in it about incidents that have accrued with such creatures and what happened to the people involved with them letting you know to watch out for them and steer clear.  In fact in the first chapter it tells you how to know if a fairy is good or bad. 

Fortunately I had to return it before finishing it all the way, due to the fact that it was due and I was so busy with books for school (A Tale of Two Cities, Pride & Prejudice) and catching up on school that there was not time for reading the last of it. 

Lesley M. M. Blume, when a young girl, liked roaming around the yard and imagining about fairies and the like, and then later decided to write a book and did. 

Sincerely,
Angel of Darkness

1 comment:

Amy Asphodel said...

say what you like, Angel, I STILL believe in fairies ^^